911 – Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.What Do I Need to Know When I Call 911?
- LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
- 2.Why Does 911 Ask So Many Questions
- ~ 911 operators are trained to ask specific questions to determine the most appropriate response. When it is a medical call the operator is typing in all the information. This information is then relayed to the first responders. The first responders will then know what they will need for the call as well as what they should expect when they arrive.
- 3.What if I (or my children) accidentally dial 911?
- DO NOT HANG UP!! Before you hang up, be sure to tell the dispatcher that you have dialed 911 by mistake, and that you Do Not Have An Emergency. This is in regards to ANY phone you call from.
- Old Cell Phones Give Dispatchers Headaches
- Go to link at the top of this page and read why.